The L.A. Veg Society was created to help bring all of the key veg resources to one place. L.A. has long been considered the best vegetarian city in the country, so creating this organization seemed long overdue and its mission will be to create more vegetarian/vegans and help existing vegetarians/vegans in their efforts to live happier and healthier lives. We want to first thank our sponsors that have helped make this work possible. Luke Nysen, Ron Jackson, SunCafe, Positive Television, Ecolutionist, PGWare, and Feathra.
Our priorities are the following:
(1) Coordinate vegan outreach events.
(a) Jessica Schlueter, L.A. Veg Society’s Director of Humane Education, is organizing humane education talks at schools, colleges, companies, yoga centers, churches/synagogues.
If you are interested in speaking as one of our humane educators, please fill out this form. Speaker Application Form
If you have schools, colleges, yoga centers, churches/synagogues, or other places that you think our humane educators could speak please fill out this form to help us schedule more of our speakers. Humane Education Venue Form
(b)Benevolent Backyard School Outreach Program is a collaboration between L.A. Veg Society, Compassion Over Killing, PETA, Animal Acres, and VegFund where students are taken on field trips to Animal Acres to meet farm animals, watch a vegan panel, and eat a delicious vegan meal.
(c) Schedule speaking events for veg authors/activists when they travel through L.A.
L.A. Veg Society has coordinated talks for Sarah Kramer, Robert Cheeke, and Andy Stepanian.
(2) L.A. Veg Society worked with Compassion Over Killing, and Bruins for Animals to get vegan options added to all six of the dining halls at UCLA and now we are collaborating to do a vegan training for the UCLA chefs and assisting them in their commitment to have their staff take a vegan pledge for a week.
(3) Put together an online Veg Business Directory that lists businesses owned by vegetarians and vegans. Businesses owners include veterinarians, doctors, lawyers, chefs, nutritionists, etc. The L.A. Veg Society membership card that allows cardholders to get discounts at participating restaurants, veterinarians, and other businesses has an annual fee of $20. Purchase your L.A. Veg Society Card.
(4) Partner with production companies that organize major concerts, fund t.v. commercials/newspaper ads/billboard ads, assisting with grassroots campaigns, etc.).
(5) Create a more unified veg community to allow greater collaboration.
L.A. Veg Society created the L.A. Animal Advocacy Leadership Council to bring together leaders from various animal advocacy organizations. We have offered free trainings on fundraising, public relations, and had dicussessions on how to create more effective campaigns. The organizations participating include L.A. Veg Society , Compassin Over Killing, VegFund, Vegan Outreach, Humane Society, Animal Acres, Animal Protection and Rescue League, Band of Mercy, Orange County People for Animals, and Evolotus PR.
To make a donation to ensure that these projects continue, please DONATE NOW.
(Make sure to type in LA Veg Society in the COMMENTS box when making your donation)